It is recommended that licensing servers are updated with the most recent version of Network License Manager when it is released. Here are the instructions to upgrade the Network License Manager (LMTOOLS) on Windows:
- Download the latest version from Autodesk Network License Manager from here.
- Stop the Licensing Service by going into lmtools.exe > Start/Stop/Reread tab > select Force Server Shutdown check box and Stop Server.
3. Uninstall the Autodesk Network License Manager from the Control Panel.
4. Install the Network License Manager through the download.
5. Start the Licensing Service by going into lmtools.exe > Start/Stop/Reread tab > Start Server & ReRead License file button. The LMTOOLS Utility displays on the Desktop after the re-installtion.
Note: The settings for Network License Manager is in the registry and does not need configuration. The entire process usually takes about 10 minutes.